lunes, 25 de julio de 2011

Hot & Cold

It was 2008 summer vacations; I went with my family to United States of America (Colorado and then Florida).
It was like 10:00 am here in Guatemala and it was like a normal day, really nice weather, a sunny day and there were some clouds.
I get in the airplane and started my trip to United States going to the Miami International Airport, it was really really hot, and the temperature was high. Actually inside the airport it was comfort for me because of the air condition keeping the temperature a little cold.
I wasn´t there because we were going to Miami or Orlando, we were there because we needed to take two airplanes to go to Colorado.
We waited like two hours until they called us to come in the second airplane. It wasn´t like the trip to Florida (Florida is like 2:30 hours from Guatemala) because Colorado is at 5 hours from Guatemala we would get bored.
We were bored in the airplane, it was at night and the cold weather started feeling and the windows started getting tarnish.
Finally we arrived to Colorado, we feel the difference within Florida and Colorado, it was really cold, and I remember I bought a hot chocolate, then we get in the rented car and my dad started driving to where we were going to sleep. We were going to Boulder and the airport was in Denver so it was a long cold trip in car.
We get in the house at 2:00 AM so we went to sleep.
I woke up and the first thing I saw in the window was snow, there was a lot of snow, everything looked white: the mountains, the houses, the cars and the parks. We ate and then we went outside, I wanted to touch the snow with my own hands (without hand gloves), I touched it and it was really really cold, we played snow wars, we made a snowman, we went to ski, etc. Every time I went out of the house my feet fingers started to get frozen because of the excess of cold.
One day I went to the shopping mall and the highways was frozen also, I remember the car´s diameter said -15°, it was really cold.
In the highway were caution signs because of the deer, bears and all type of animals of the mountain. We went to an ice skating place and we skate on ice.
An afternoon I was on the mountain and we saw a lot of rabbits, it was beautiful but then we saw a coyote trying to catch a rabbit so we get out because there was a sign that said coyotes were dangerous; Another day I went to a lake and when I get there, the lake was frozen, I saw some ducks walking in the ice of the frozen lake, then we saw a big caution sign saying “Beware of Mountain Lions” refereeing to the Pumas.
The trip in Colorado gets to its end, we were going now to Florida again but we would stay some days.
We arrived, we get out of the Miami Int. Airport and then we could feel the hot temperature, I was sweating just going out of the car.
We were in Miami, it was hot but then we started going north to Orlando where we were going to sleep and be 5 days.
We get to Orlando and we went to a Hotel and it was really cool, you could be in shorts every day in every place and you would feel good.
We went to the Saw grass Mall, to Universal Studios, Island of Adventure, The Everglades, it was really cool, but the weather was like crazy; there were hot days and then in the afternoon it was raining.
Then we went again to Miami to sleep 1 night because we were going back to Guatemala.
We went to Miami Beach and it was so cool, I could be naked and I would feel comfortable, it was really hot but cool because of the pools, the exclusive cars, the beach, the restaurants, the hotleas, etc.
Finally we get back to Guatemala and everything came back to normal, a sunny day with really nice weather, and there were some clouds.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario