lunes, 1 de agosto de 2011

CHILDHOOD EVENT

CHILDHOOD EVENT

MY FIRST TIME PLAYING GUITAR IN PUBLIC:
I was 9 years old, I remember, my two brothers and I, invited my family to hear us in the garage of our house.  I assigned the drums to my middle brother and a very large old wooden guitar to the younger.  But as we were so embarrassed, we putted on sun glasses “so anyone could see who we were”. 
Sincerely, we just made weird sounds… enough for the excited applauses from my parents and uncles.
We practiced some hours before the show began. I remember I sang Green Day songs and I was practicing the guitar tabs with my brother, (the guitar tabs were fake, they were as I hear them, I didn’t knew any guitar chord or note)
The Band:
My friends and I had a music band which hardly had just formed.
My friends and I were classmates.  We also were close friends.  In fact, we still are.
I like to play the first guitar, and I always like to make a “solo” in a middle of the song.
We all have different tastes of music styles, but we all like rock, in Spanish and English.
We practice a lot of rock songs in Spanish and maybe one or two songs in English.

The night before:
As the days went by, I was feeling very nervous. But, I cannot describe the night before our concert!
It was something I will never forget.
I could see the image in my head, of the stage where we would play… and I could only see there was just my friends and me… no one else! Uff….I felt so ashamed!
I could finally get to sleep, dress and with the guitar in my hands.

The special day had just arrived!
We were at the stage of this pizza restaurant, that my father had asked if we could perform on it.
They said they wanted to support young artists….and what was my surprise:  most of our classmates (specially the girls) and friends had arrived and had brought posters supporting us!
It was amazing!
We (the band) had played some times before like in the school events, and the drummer’s sister birthday so we though it wouldn’t be so different.
We were ready to play, everything was fine: the sounds, the instruments, the members, the songs.
And then … came to my mind this fearful thought ....we didn’t have a name for our band! We had forgotten!
So, we decided to name it “ALTITUD ZERO”
Because you could feel from top to the bottom in whatever you do, but never ….never give up! That is something we though in those two minutes we had.
Anyway, we played songs like: Summer of 69’, De Musica Ligera, other famous songs and some proper songs we have made. We really enjoyed so much, and of course, we also made some mistakes….but the feeling we had was great! I felt in the clouds, like flying alone.  Like when you feel the voices under water! It was amazing!
Then we played a second and third time in the same restaurant, and we become better and better, we were a good band, but for bad luck our drummer was not doing good in his class notes and he needed to left the school because of his notes, he was repeating the year.
We said we would still keep in talk and getting together to practice but every day we had practice there were excuses and excuses so the band started disappearing silenciously.
We still remember what we made as a band, we were good and we laugh about the mistakes we made in stage, mostly about the first live performance we made. I will never forget that day of my life.  And I hope…someday….I can feel the same sensation playing my guitar for thousands of people in a real stage and…..”Without sun glasses!!!”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario