domingo, 17 de julio de 2011

Person I Admire

His name is Federico Ranero Cabarrus, he was born in Guatemala and he has 5 brothers.
He lost his father when he was young.  He was very close to him.
After a lot of difficulties during his life, he became a doctor, and he gained a partial scholarship to study Pediatrician in a school in Costa Rica, where he had met his wife.

He came to Guatemala and lived in the same block of my father; I like the good relationship he has with my father, they became good friends and until now they are still like brothers. (He is 10 years older than my father).

He loves me and my brothers as if we were his nephews, he encourages us to be better persons in our lives but he also punishes us when we do bad things.

He is like an uncle to me and my brothers, his sons are also very good persons and threat us (me and my brothers) as if we were family. We had go to many places and countries together like: Cancun, Belize, the Beach, Miami, El Salvador, Playa Del Carmen, Tapachula and Huatulco (Mexico).

I admire him because, I know he had to work hard to be who he is now, and he said he always kept in his mind that he wanted to help the children of his country (Guatemala).
So, he worked on a very important project. He is one of the pioneers introducing the "Oral Re-hydratation" program in Guatemala, which is a project were kids can re-hydrate just by drinking water with dissolved serum instead of being injected with serum (which is more difficult).

This is something of a big importance because people can have the accessibility of doing it in their own home instead of going to a hospital, which makes it easier and cheaper.
 This is a big contribution to our country because Desnutrition is one of the worst problems our country is facing and is the first reason of kids’ mortality in Guatemala.
He has a very good experience in his doctor career; he had go to Doctor’s meetings in countries like: Greece, Argentina, USA (Washington, Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, etc), Mexico, Italy and Austria.
He also has experience managing teenagers’ problems and I like how I feel when I am with him because he makes me very confident and secure.
Besides of what he works on, he is a very nice person with us.  Is the kind of person who you can talk to, and tell him if something worries you knowing that he would not tell anyone.  Is someone who is very open mind, and I feel he can understand teenagers very well.
He has two daughters and one son.  His son is now studying in Chicago at a university, and his daughters had become also very successful in what they do.
His wife is a very nice person too, very correct and faithful to God and that gives them the balance of a family that I admire too. (She is from Costa Rica).
He likes the music, he plays the piano very well and he knows about my dream of being a professional musician. He had helped me when I need to buy a new guitar or something; he had gone to my public concerts to support me. His daughter also helped me with my music giving me advices and showing me tips.
He likes the cars (mostly the old, classic cars) he has a collection of classic cars and has a really cool replica of “Herbie” but in red color, he also owns a Cadillac from the year 52’ and he calls it “Queen Merry”, I also like cars but I like mostly the new models.
For that and many more reasons, I fell Federico is more than my father’s friend, he is like my and my brother’s uncle, a sponsor and guide for me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario