lunes, 11 de julio de 2011

Miracle

Hello, this is my first blog and now I'am writing this as my homework for Miss Kelsey.


I wasn't born yet, my mom was on her 1st.year at the university and my granfathers lived alone in Huehuetenango.
My Mom's uncle "accidentally" had a baby but he didn´t take care of his daughter so my grandfather took his father role.

The little girl was called Catalina, she lived with my grandpas since she was two years old becoming like another daughter, and a sister for my mother.
She lived there until she was 4 years.

One day my Mom´s uncle (the real father) came to her house and said that he needed Catalina because her mom was traslading to USA (she was from New Mexico), so Catalina started to cry because she wanted to stay with my grandfathers but it was not possible.  Even though Catalina didn´t wanted.  she was crying inconsolably.

My granfather, my uncles and my mom suffered much his departure because Catalina was part of the family, she lived part of her infant years.

Time passed, and anybody knew anything about her; my grandmother had a picture of her (when she was 3 years) in her night table and she still miss her.

The miracle comes here:
Catalina is now 24 years old, her name is not her original name (her mom changed it), she lives in New Mexico and one day she was looking for something in her mother´s drawer and she found a Guatemalan passaport with her name.  So, she asked her mom why she had it, but her mom told her she didn´t wanted to talk about that part of her life.
Catalina was surprised but curious... so she started looking for her real name on the internet and she found a doctor with the same last name.

She called him and left a message on his answering machine.  He called her back very surprised.  He certainly was part of her family (he is another uncle of my mother who lives in Conneticut) so he also was excited; but firstable didn´t know what to do... or say.

Catalina wanted to know about her past and she had a lot of questions on her mind like: Is my dad alive? Did he love me? Did he look forward for me? Why was I in Guatemala? Who was that lovely lady who was brushing my hair in that beautiful garden? (Refering to my grand mother in her backyard), What does all that images and memories mean?

My mom´s uncle (who called because of their same last name) gave her my grandmother's phone number, so they already talked.  And it was a very special moment for both of them.

Finally today is July 11, and she is in the process of coming to Guatemala with her husband, to find out all that questions she have about her life. But as my Grandmother says..."the important thing is.....that now, she knows she have a family in Guatemala, that cares for her, and that all our daily prayers for her wellness, now we can be thankful they were really listened" no matter what she might find about her real father.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario